Re: Pulling up direct-correlated ANY_SUBLINK

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: Pulling up direct-correlated ANY_SUBLINK
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Tom,

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 9:48 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Can we try to pull up direct-correlated ANY SubLink with the help of
> LATERAL?

Perhaps.  But what's the argument that you'd end up with a better
plan?  LATERAL pretty much constrains things to use a nestloop,
so I'm not sure there's anything fundamentally different.

This is a point I didn't think of. In that case if the pull-up mostly
results in a nestloop then we cannot make sure we will get a better
plan. Thank you for pointing it out.

Thanks
Richard