Re: Provide read-only access to system catalog tables

От Chirag Karkera
Тема Re: Provide read-only access to system catalog tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thank you for the clarification.

Will use the system catalogs tables.

Thank You.

Regards,
Chirag Karkera

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 6:59 PM David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 6:21 AM Chirag Karkera <chiragkrkr102@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks David for your reply!

But when i created a role i am not able to view objects under information_schema.*

I mean I am not able to view the data, I can see only the column names.

Which goes to demonstrate you have permissions.  But information_schema uses the permissions of the executing user to decide what to show - it is pre-filtered (and doesn't address PostgreSQL-only features).  If you need less restrictive behavior your best bet is to just use the system catalogs.  Those give you everything.

David J.