Re: How is this possible "publication does not exist"

От operations i
Тема Re: How is this possible "publication does not exist"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
sure, I've test the patch [1] using script provided before, and it seems ok

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 4:09 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 9:32 AM operations i <ioperations.c@gmail.com> wrote:
During a detailed test , I've found the order of replication slot creation and publication creation is not the key point , but after replication slot creation , there should not be any insertion to the table,so I wonder why the change ( my case insert) will lead to src/backend/catalog/pg_publication:1040 GetSysCacheOid1() cache miss.

It is due to the reason that both slot creation and 'insert' are before "CREATE PUBLICATION". Without inserts, it won't try to decode anything before the publication is created. Can you test it with the patch provided in the email [1] and if possible join that thread for discussion on this topic.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.