Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?

От John Naylor
Тема Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Updated next steps:

> * Add some desperately needed explanatory comments.

There is a draft of this in v10-0001. I also removed the validation
scaffolding and ran pgindent. This could use some review and/or
bikeshedding, in particular on the name hashfn_unstable.h. I also
considered *_volatile.h or *_inmemory.h, but nothing stands out as
more clear.

> * Use this in some existing cases where it makes sense.

For now just two:
v10-0002 is Jeff's change to the search path cache, but with the
chunked interface that I found to be faster.
v10-0003 is a copy of something buried in an earlier version: use in
pgstat. Looks nicer, but not yet tested.

Вложения