Re: Improve heapgetpage() performance, overhead from serializable

От John Naylor
Тема Re: Improve heapgetpage() performance, overhead from serializable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 7, 2024 at 11:49 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2024-01-22 13:01:31 +0700, John Naylor wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 9:58 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > > And 397->320ms
> > > for something as core as this, is imo worth considering on its own.
> >
> > Hi Andres, this interesting work seems to have fallen off the radar --
> > are you still planning to move forward with this for v17?
>
> I had completely forgotten about this patch, but some discussion around
> streaming read reminded me of it.  Here's a rebased version, with conflicts
> resolved and very light comment polish and a commit message. Given that
> there's been no changes otherwise in the last months, I'm inclined to push in
> a few hours.

Just in time ;-) The commit message should also have "reviewed by
Zhang Mingli" and "tested by Quan Zongliang", who shared results in a
thread for a withrawn CF entry with a similar idea but covering fewer
cases:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/2ef7ff1b-3d18-2283-61b1-bbd25fc6c7ce%40yeah.net