Re: Best tools to monitor and fine tune postgres

От Hemil Ruparel
Тема Re: Best tools to monitor and fine tune postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
If you want answers everytime no matter how stupid they are, my price is $40/hour. We can negotiate how much of my time you are allowed to waste. This is my personal time I am spending on replying. Plus, you are probably working for a company which uses postgres but doesn't even care to provide proper training to its employees let alone fund the development of postgres. We are under no obligation to reply to you. Neither do you respect our time and effort.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 3:27 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 1/15/21 12:50 PM, Atul Kumar wrote:
> You keep on giving excuses (imperfect world and blah blah) and I will
> keep on raising questions on them.

They are not excuses they are explaining the reality of the situation.
This is a list of people taking time out of their day to answer
questions. They receive no direct payment(though many are probably doing
it on the clock of their employer) for this, so the motivation to answer
is personal. That motivation may not cover questions they have answered
many times and/or questions that are content free. At that point the
questioner has to either wait for someone with the motivation or do some
leg work to make the question more appealing. That is just how it is.
The other option is to provide monetary motivation and buy responses
from one of the many companies that offer that service:

https://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support/

> And I have no doubt that you will waste more time of yours as well as of
> us by giving some kore excuses.

This post marks the end of my wasting your time.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com