Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?

От Hemil Ruparel
Тема Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I fear that mailing lists become like quora. Eternal September was probably the first time this happened. History repeats itself. I don't want the community to lose its value

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 11:37 AM Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2021, at 21:51, Hemil Ruparel <hemilruparel2002@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's my personal opinion. But i personally do not want to deal with entitled people who cannot do basic google searches.

Well, I have to mention that you don't have to deal with them.  It might be slightly irritating to read questions like that, but they really aren't choking the list, and you can just move on to a different question that you feel like answering.

There is also a virtue in people asking very basic questions on the list, even one that could be revealed by a search, because it gives people who are not deep experts a chance to answer the question.
--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com

Сообщение: Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?
Сообщение: Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?