Re: distinct on extract returns composite type

От Félix GERZAGUET
Тема Re: distinct on extract returns composite type
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello,

On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 11:46 AM Mariel Cherkassky <mariel.cherkassky@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm keep getting composite type (row) instead of two columns. Is there any sql way to convert the row type into two columns ? I want to get the first and last dates of each quarter with those columns and with this composite type I failed doing it

This seems to work as you expect:

select distinct extract(year from end_time) as year, extract(quarter from end_time) quarter from generate_series
        ( '2017-09-01'::timestamp
        , '2019-04-01'::timestamp
        , '3 month'::interval) end_time
;