postgresql versus riak for a global exchange

От xu xiut
Тема postgresql versus riak for a global exchange
Дата
Re: postgresql versus riak for a global exchange  (Andy Colson <andy@squeakycode.net>)
Re: postgresql versus riak for a global exchange  (Raymond Cote <rgacote@Appropriatesolutions.com>)
Re: postgresql versus riak for a global exchange  (Raymond Cote <ray.cote@mac.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello, I am looking at creating a toy project which may turn into an actual business if I'm lucky, the ideal is generally just an exchange for people to trade some type of asset.

I'm looking at using either PostgreSQL or Riak, and I'm wondering if there are opinions and suggestions that someone would be willing to share with me when evaluating databases.

This is the first time I've actually considered something besides PostgreSQL. Riak 2.0 now offers strong consistency and I really respect the community and the work that has gone into the project. It seems like it would be easy to replicate across multiple data centers.

Thanks for letting me ask this here!