Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.

От Mike Blackwell
Тема Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> In my days of Perl, it was starting to become frowned upon to call
> subroutines without parenthesizing arguments.  Is that no longer the
> case?

​As I understand it, there are several reasons not to make function calls in Perl without parenthesis.  Whether they are good reasons is a question for the user.  Modern Perl chapter 5 covers most of them.

Mike Blackwell | Technical Analyst, Distribution Services/Rollout Management | RR Donnelley
1750 Wallace Ave | St Charles, IL 60174-3401
Office: 630.313.7818
Mike.Blackwell@rrd.com
http://www.rrdonnelley.com