Re: ALTER TABLE validate foreign key dependency problem

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE validate foreign key dependency problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 at 05:51, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:

> I also considered that we could just delay all foreign key validations
> until phase 3, but I ended up just doing then only when a rewrite is
> pending.

I still wonder if it's best to delay the validation of the foreign key
regardless of if there's a pending table rewrite, but the patch as it
is now only delays if there's a pending rewrite.

Consistency seems the better choice, so I agree we should validate later in all cases. Does changing that have any other effects?

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
Mission Critical Databases