Re: asynchronous and vectorized execution

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: asynchronous and vectorized execution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9 May 2016 at 19:33, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

I believe there are other people thinking about these
topics as well, including Andres Freund, Kyotaro Horiguchi, and
probably some folks at 2ndQuadrant (but I don't know exactly who).

1. asynchronous execution

Not looking at that.

2. vectorized execution...

We might also want to consider storing batches of tuples in a column-optimized
rather than row-optimized format so that iterating through one or two
attributes across every tuple in the batch touches the minimal number
of cache lines.

Team is about 2 years into research and coding prototype on those topics at this point, with agreed time for further work over next 2 years.

I'll let my colleagues chime in with details since I'm not involved at that level any more.