Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 30 December 2017 at 11:01, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Attached: MERGE patch is now MOSTLY complete, but still WIP.

New v10a attached, with additional dev work by Pavan and some review
from Andrew

> Patch works sufficiently well to take data from source and use it
> correctly against target, for the DELETE operation and INSERT DEFAULT
> VALUES. Patch also includes PL/pgSQL changes.
>
> Patch has full set of docs and tests, but does not yet pass all tests.

Now passes all tests, including throwing new type of semantic error
discovered during dev.

> Patch uses mechanism as agreed previously with Peter G et al. on this thread.

LATEST SUMMARY
Works
* EXPLAIN
* INSERT actions (thanks Pavan)
* UPDATE actions (thanks Pavan)
* DELETE actions
* DO NOTHING actions
* PL/pgSQL
* Triggers for row and statement
* SQL Standard error requirements

Not yet working
* AND conditions (currently WIP, expected soon)
* No isolation tests yet, so EvalPlanQual untested
* RLS
* Partitioning

Based on this successful progress I imagine I'll be looking to commit
this by the end of the CF, allowing us 2 further months to bugfix.

Вложения