Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10 July 2015 at 09:49, Sawada Masahiko <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is a minor thing, but if there is no other use for this fourth
> "bit-space", it seems a shame to waste it when there is some use for it.  I
> haven't looked at the code around this area to know how hard it would be to
> implement the setting and clearing of the bit.

I think so too, we would be able to use unused fourth status of bits
efficiently.
Should I include these improvement into this patch?
This topic should be discussed on another thread after this feature is
committed, I think.

The impossible state acts as a diagnostic check for us to ensure the bitmap is not itself corrupt.

-1 for using it for another purpose.