Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for INSERT ... ON CONFLICT DO NOTHING/UPDATE.

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for INSERT ... ON CONFLICT DO NOTHING/UPDATE.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 27 May 2015 at 15:06, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Simon Riggs wrote:

> What I think should happen is that the command tag should vary according to
> whether an INSERT or an UPDATE was performed, so we get a visible
> difference without any new tags.

The problem with doing that is that the same command might have updated
some tuples and inserted others.  Also, we build the tag before the
command is executed.

Hmm,  I assumed the various anomalies meant that it was a single row only command...

Anybody know where the various anomalies are documented? e.g. how if an insert has been committed that we can't yet see whether we are allowed to update that using same rules as update.