Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2 July 2015 at 19:50, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

So there's two parts to this:

1. I need to ensure that data is replicated to X places.

2. I need to *know* which places data was synchronously replicated to
when the master goes down.

My entire point is that (1) alone is useless unless you also have (2).
And do note that I'm talking about information on the replica, not on
the master, since in any failure situation we don't have the old master
around to check.

You might *think* you know, but given we are in this situation because of an unexpected failure, it seems strange to specifically avoid checking before you proceed.

Bacon not Aristotle.