Re: Unused(?) field Form_pg_sequence.sequence_name, not updated by seq rename

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Unused(?) field Form_pg_sequence.sequence_name, not updated by seq rename
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15 December 2015 at 04:40, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

It gets written as part of the Form_pg_sequence each time we write a sequence advance to WAL, but just seems to be a waste of space.

Agreed

Am I missing something obvious or should it just be removed? Or perhaps replaced with the sequence's Oid in pg_class, since that'd be quite handy for logical decoding of sequences.

If the name is wrong then probably other fields are wrong also when we do ALTER SEQUENCE?

We should add the fields you need, but don't alter anything in Form_pg_sequence.