Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 29 January 2018 at 14:55, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

> My note was not against MERGE or INSERT ON CONFLICT. If I understand to this
> topic, I agree so these commands should be implemented separately. But if we
> use two commands with some intersection, there can be nice to have
> documentation about recommended use cases. Probably it will be very often
> question.

That is more qualitative assessment of each, which I think I will defer on.

This patch is about implementing the SQL Standard compliant MERGE
command which is widely used in other databases and by various tools.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11