Re: [HACKERS] Should we cacheline align PGXACT?

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Should we cacheline align PGXACT?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15 February 2017 at 19:15, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> I think I previously
> mentioned, even just removing the MyPgXact->xmin assignment in
> SnapshotResetXmin() is measurable performance wise and cache-hit ratio
> wise.

Currently, we issue SnapshotResetXmin() pointlessly at end of xact, so
patch attached to remove that call, plus some comments to explain
that. This reduces the cause.

Also, another patch to reduce the calls to SnapshotResetXmin() using a
simple heuristic to reduce the effects.