Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for INSERT ... ON CONFLICT DO NOTHING/UPDATE.

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for INSERT ... ON CONFLICT DO NOTHING/UPDATE.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22 May 2015 at 00:28, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On the other hand, this was noticed because Alvaro just argued that it
> *should* have a new command tag. Alvaro, where do you see the advantage?

Well, I was just skimming nearby code and noticed that CreateCommandTag
hadn't been updated.  As I said elsewhere, I'm not even running
commands.  I'm not really set on having the tag be different.

I agree with Alvaro that we need to be able to see a difference.

I also agree with Tom/Robert that we should not invent a new tag.

What I think should happen is that the command tag should vary according to whether an INSERT or an UPDATE was performed, so we get a visible difference without any new tags.