Re: pg9.6 segfault using simple query (related to use fk for join estimates)

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: pg9.6 segfault using simple query (related to use fk for join estimates)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3 May 2016 at 16:10, Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

While this in itself is about a two-line fix, after reviewing
137805f89acb3611 I'm pretty unhappy that it got committed at all.
I think this obvious bug is a good sign that it wasn't ready.
Other unfinished aspects like invention of an undocumented GUC
don't leave a good impression either.

The GUC is meant to make testing during development easier. I haven't realized it got committed, but I assume Simon plans to remove it before the final release.

Yes, the GUC was for testing, as mentioned on the commit message.

Can't check right now with Simon, though, as he's is out of office this week.

Am back and reading.