Re: [HACKERS] recovery_target_time = 'now' is not an error but stillimpractical setting

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [HACKERS] recovery_target_time = 'now' is not an error but stillimpractical setting
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] recovery_target_time = 'now' is not an error but stillimpractical setting  (Piotr Stefaniak <postgres@piotr-stefaniak.me>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15 August 2017 at 15:37, Piotr Stefaniak <postgres@piotr-stefaniak.me> wrote:

> One thing I tried was a combination of recovery_target_action =
> 'shutdown' and recovery_target_time = 'now'. The result is surprising

Indeed, special timestamp values were never considered in the design,
so I'm not surprised they don't work and have never been tested.

Your suggestion of "furthest" is already the default behaviour.

Why are you using 'now'? Why would you want to pick a randomly
selected end time?

recovery_target_time = 'allballs' sounds fun for recovering corrupted databases