Re: Identifying a message in emit_log_hook.

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Identifying a message in emit_log_hook.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 25 February 2016 at 07:42, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
Hello,

At Wed, 17 Feb 2016 09:13:01 +0000, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com> wrote in <CANP8+jLbGE_YbxULgZXvce44oOB8V0T93e5_inHvBDE2PXkSOw@mail.gmail.com>
> On 17 February 2016 at 08:34, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <
> horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>

> > > I'm guessing this would require making the pre-translated error text
> > > available to plugins as well as translated form.
> >
> > If I understand you correctly, edata->messgage_id in my patch is
> > just what offers the pre-translated error text to plugins.
>

> OK, now I understand the patch, I am happy to apply it.

Thank you very much. I have one concern about this patch.

I have added an id only for .message in the patch but it
theoretically can apply to all other message typs eventually
given to gettext() in two macros EVALUATE_MESSAGE(_PLURAL). They
are detail, detail_log, hint and context and the modification
could be limited within the two macros by doing so but extra four
*_id members are to be added to ErrorData. I doubt it is useful
for the extra members.

If you agree with this, it doesn't seem to me to need more
modification. Is there anything else to do?

David,

Can you add this to the CF? It was submitted before deadline.
I presume you have access to do that?

Other people may want to see this before commit.

If you can't, I'll commit anyway, but if we have a system we should follow it.