Re: propagating replica identity to partitions

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: propagating replica identity to partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 09:51, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2019-03-28 18:16, Simon Riggs wrote:
> SET TABLESPACE should not recurse because it copies the data, while
> holding long locks. If that was ever fixed so it happened concurrently,
> I would agree this could recurse by default.

Since a partitioned table has no storage, what is the meaning of moving
a partitioned table to a different tablespace without recursing?

My point was that people will misuse it and regret at length, but the data copying behavior is clearly documented.

If you are saying there is no other possible interpretation of that command, then I relent. It is important we have a way to do this, if people wish it.