Re: [HACKERS] SQL procedures

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SQL procedures
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2 December 2017 at 01:31, Peter Eisentraut
> On 11/30/17 15:50, Thomas Munro wrote:
>> postgres=# \df
>>                        List of functions
>>  Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types | Type
>> --------+------+------------------+---------------------+------
>>  public | bar  | integer          | i integer           | func
>>  public | foo  |                  | i integer           | proc
>> (2 rows)
>>
>> Should this now be called a "List of routines"?
>
> Maybe, but I hesitate to go around and change all mentions of "function"
> like that.  That might just confuse people.

Agreed

\dfn shows functions only
so we might want to consider having
\df say "List of functions and procedures"
\dfn say "List of functions"

and a new option to list procedures only
\dfp say "List of procedures"

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Constraint exclusion for partitioned tables