Re: Moving responsibility for logging "database system is shut down"

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Moving responsibility for logging "database system is shut down"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10 February 2016 at 22:39, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> So I propose the attached patch.  Any objections?  Should this get
>> back-patched?  It's arguably a bug, though surely a minor one, that
>> the message comes out when it does.

> I would vote against a back-patch.  And I kind of agree with Jim's
> comments that we ought to consider sprinkling a few more debug
> messages into the shutdown sequence.

[ shrug... ]  I won't stand in the way of someone else figuring out
what makes sense there, but I don't intend to do it; and I don't think
that the quick hacks I did over the last couple days make a reasonable
basis for a permanent patch.

I think its worth adding log messages, but only when its slower than expected.

Сообщение: Re: Mac OS: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8"
Сообщение: Re: Mac OS: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8"