Re: propagating replica identity to partitions

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: propagating replica identity to partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 at 01:34, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> I'm slightly baffled that we would even allow having different owners on
> different partitions, but that seems to be a separate discussion.

Different owners can make sense for multiple layers of partitions
where the children have less restrictions than the children.  Imagine
for example a table listing the population of a country, with children
partitioned by regions, and grand-children partitioned by cities.  The
top-most parent could be owned by a minister, and lower levels apply
to the region administrator, down to the city administrators.

That use case is possible using different privileges.

Having different owners makes it *very* difficult to administer.