Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add citext_pattern_ops forcitext contrib module

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add citext_pattern_ops forcitext contrib module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 19 September 2017 at 15:22, Andrew Dunstan
<andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 09/19/2017 08:35 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Add citext_pattern_ops for citext contrib module
>>
>> This is similar to text_pattern_ops.
>>

> This seems to have upset a number or animals in the buildfarm.
>
> I could create a third output file, but I am seriously questioning the
> point of all this, if we are prepared to accept any result from these
> functions and operators, depending on locale. Maybe it would be better
> simply to test that the result is not null and have done with it. Thoughts?

It makes sense to have a fully detailed output in at least one
parameter setting.

How about use the new psql feature for \if to skip tests if the local
is different to the one for which we have detailed test results?