Re: pgsql: Add documentation for the JIT feature.

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: pgsql: Add documentation for the JIT feature.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 28 March 2018 at 22:23, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Add documentation for the JIT feature.

Very nice feature and most welcome but we should call it something
other than just "JIT"

JIT means Just In Time, which could be applied to many concepts and
has been in use for many years in a range of concepts. particularly in
manufacturing/logistics and project management.

The feature is JIT compilation, not just "JIT". If we had replication
with eager consensus, it would be silly to call the feature simply
"eager" with no other qualifier.

Thanks