Re: Disallow cancellation of waiting for synchronous replication

От Marco Slot
Тема Re: Disallow cancellation of waiting for synchronous replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 6:04 AM Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> I think proper solution here would be to add GUC to disallow cancellation of synchronous replication. Retry step 3
willwait on locks after hanging 1 and data will be consistent.
> Three is still a problem when backend is not canceled, but terminated [2]. Ideal solution would be to keep locks on
changeddata. Some well known databases threat termination of synchronous replication as system failure and refuse to
operateuntil standbys appear (see Maximum Protection mode). From my point of view it's enough to PANIC once so that HA
toolbe informed that something is going wrong.

Sending a cancellation is currently the only way to resume after
disabling synchronous replication. Some HA solutions (e.g.
pg_auto_failover) rely on this behaviour. Would it be worth checking
whether synchronous replication is still required?

Marco

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Hooks for session start and end, take two
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: allow_system_table_mods and DROP RULE