Re: Wiki editor request

От Nikolay Samokhvalov
Тема Re: Wiki editor request
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 3:48 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 11:29:02AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Thanks.  I think the consistent subject text will help me separate the
> edit requests from other email volume on that list.

Also, the wiki says:

        https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/WikiEditing

        If you just created a new community account or if your current account
        used to have "editor" privileges, you can ask on either the PostgreSQL
        -www Mailinglist or the PostgreSQL IRC Channel (direct your request to
                                           -----------
        'pginfra', multiple individuals in the channel highlight on that string)
        for "editor" privileges.

Are wiki edit requests made to the IRC channel actually honored?  I
heard they are not, and if they are not, this part of the text should be
removed.

FYI: wanted to edit conferences list https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/WikiEditing to add PgDay.ru but found that my account (nikolay) has not yet proper rights.

I'm sure that rights should be given by default. But the problem of spam for MediaWiki engine is high -- some time ago I gave up and had to shutdown Postgres wiki in Russian due to this problem. As for IRC, this way of communication will get less and less popularity, since it's really outdated (being mac/ios user it's really hard to simply enter it; and it doesn't work in browser at all) and due to increasing popularity of new types of messengers.

Crazy idea: maybe to build a chatbot (for Telegram and/or Facebook messenger) that would grant permissions in semi-automated way and also would notify about wiki changes, etc? :-)

Anyway, somebody, please add right for my accout (User:Nikolay). Thanks.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: