Re: The tragedy of SQL

От Scottix
Тема Re: The tragedy of SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It is kind of a purists fallacy. Point being if you could just write ASM code it would be the best.

When in reality, a database is used not because it is the best technical database, but is used by many people. Something that other developers can pickup and use without reading a 200 page manual and study for a year on end. Although maybe stuff would be better if everyone did that, on the other hand might just be wasted effort.

You complain about no-SQL database but actually then advocate for it, by saying SQL is sad. I find Postgres as a traditional RDB and has specific use cases. If you compare that to Clickhouse which has a very different use case. Don't compare timeseriesdb, because even that has limitations that clickhouse surpasses at scale. Just an example of a no-SQL database.

If you do start a new database, let me know. I would like to see that in action.