Re: [GENERAL] pg_rewind copy so much data

От Hung Phan
Тема Re: [GENERAL] pg_rewind copy so much data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for your help. Do you have any more ideas about my case? I cannot find any reason for that. If pg_rewind just examines WAL for changed blocks from the common checkpoint, why did it copy all data ? As I understand, the information in WAL about changes cannot cover all data in the database.

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 12:06 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 1:06 PM, Hung Phan <hungphan227@gmail.com> wrote:
> I used tablespace to store data and it seems to be that pg_rewind copied
> everthing in the tablespace. Today I found an article posted by you (Michael
> Paquier) and you said that there was no tablespace support. If so, is there
> anyway to work around ?

I guess you mean that article:
http://paquier.xyz/postgresql-2/postgres-module-highlight-pg_rewind-to-recycle-a-postgres-master-into-a-slave/
This is from 2013 and this refers to the first iterations of the tool.
Tablespaces are now fully supported in the upstream version, as well
as in the version on github for 9.3 and 9.4. See this commit which
added support for tablespaces:
https://github.com/vmware/pg_rewind/commit/19fb09cdcac397048f7d723c037fe6a10299a278

FWIW, I use it daily, and pg_rewind is able to detect correctly page
deltas even on non-default tablespaces. Really.
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] pg_rewind copy so much data
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] pg_rewind copy so much data