Re: many animals are running old clients

От Sandeep Thakkar
Тема Re: many animals are running old clients
Дата
Список buildfarm-members
Hi Tom,

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 3:21 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> The majority of buildfarm animals are not on the latest client code
> release. Version 8 was released more than 3 months ago. There are 26
> animals on release 7 and 43 on even older releases, in one case on a
> release going back 4 years. See below for the lists of delinquents.

There's also a depressingly large number of animals that still aren't
building the REL_11_STABLE branch.  Some also have odd gaps in their
back-branch coverage.  If you don't use run_branches.pl to automate
branch selection, please also take the time to check that you are
building the right set of branches.

All my animals use run_branches.pl except 'clam', which is a PPC64LE machine. and when we setup this animal we found 9.3 was failing with "error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one". This was discussed in the thread with sub: "Include ppc64le build type for back branches". Therefore, I explicitly run run_build.pl for all branches (I added for REL_11_STABLE as it was missing). Once we disable 9.3 runs, I'll move to using run_branhces.pl on 'clam' as well.

> If this situation doesn't improve I'm going to have to reinstitute the
> server filters which will reject very old clients.

While I'd certainly encourage people to update, I'm not sure why
that's necessary?

Sandeep Thakkar

В списке buildfarm-members по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: many animals are running old clients
Сообщение: Re: many animals are running old clients