Re: BUG #16740: Conflicting installations

От Sandeep Thakkar
Тема Re: BUG #16740: Conflicting installations
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi

You mentioned Ubuntu 19.10. Did you mean 20.10?

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 6:55 PM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      16740
Logged by:          jet2018
Email address:      ezrajet9@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 12.0
Operating system:   Ubuntu 19.10

After following the guidelines on your documentation's installation, i have
faced a problem whose code is below:
1: I can't finish the installation. When I try on that I get this:

  postgresql depends on postgresql-12; however:
  Package postgresql-12 is not configured yet.

   dpkg: error processing package postgresql (--configure):
  No apport report written because the error message indicates its a
followup error from a previous failure.
   postgresql-client-11
   postgresql-12
   postgresql

This does not only stop on the installation part, whenever I try to
uninstall this also it show the same. I thought it was a conflict maybe
between 12 and 11 versions, but now I cant remove any!!!

So the state am in is that I can't proceed or withdraw, what should I do?
I tried cleaning using
      sudo apt-get autoclean
and it failed to solve the error

I tried forcing the installation using
    sudo apt-get install -f

I surfed the whole of stack-overflow, it did not help too!!
SO WHAT DO I DO

--
Sandeep Thakkar