Re: [HACKERS] pl/perl extension fails on Windows

От Sandeep Thakkar
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pl/perl extension fails on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 8:37 AM, Sandeep Thakkar
<sandeep.thakkar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> An update from beta3 build: We are no longer seeing this issue (handshake
> failure) on Windows 64bit, but on Windows 32bit it still persists.

Hmm, maybe you should've reported it sooner, so we could've tried to
fix this before beta3 went out.

Yes, that would have been better. The patch was tested only on Windows 64bit and we never thought that it won't work on 32bit.

What was the exact message you saw, including the hex values?

Attach is the screenshot of the contents of the postmaster log that was sent to me by one of my team members who was testing this.

Is the Perl you were building against for plperl the same Perl that
was being used for the build itself?

Yes.

Do you have the portion of the build log where src/pl/plperl was being built?

I copied and pasted that portion of the build log into file build.log (attached) for Windows 32bit and Windows 64bit.

Thanks.
--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Sandeep Thakkar
EDB

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Server crash (FailedAssertion) due to catcache refcount mis-handling
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Server crash (FailedAssertion) due to catcache refcount mis-handling