Re: installer for windows by enterprisedb doesn't accpet some charsas password

От Sandeep Thakkar
Тема Re: installer for windows by enterprisedb doesn't accpet some charsas password
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Takahiro,

Thanks for reporting. Let me check and update.

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 2:44 PM, Takahiro Senda <senda@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
To whom it may concern,

I'm sending this email since I found something wrong
with the installer for windows can be downloaded from
the link below.

https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads

Some specific characters cannot be used for superuser
password during the installation.
I've checked with the version 9.2.24 and 10.3.

The characters which are found so far are the followings:
- "
- <
- >

The installer doesn't show any error messages about it when to
setup the superuser password but it fails to start the server
at the last of installation process, which message says it fails
to read postgresql.conf. The database cluster has never been created.

now, I need to setup the password without those characters and then
change it later..

I think it should be able to use those characters, or show a
message and give a second chance at least.

thank you,
Takahiro

--
Takahiro Senda <senda@sraoss.co.jp>