Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables

От Prabhat Sahu
Тема Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 8:52 AM 曾文旌 <wenjing.zwj@alibaba-inc.com> wrote:
2020年4月27日 下午9:48,Prabhat Sahu <prabhat.sahu@enterprisedb.com> 写道:

Thanks Wenjing, for the fix patch for previous issues.
I have verified the issues, now those fix look good to me.
But the below error message is confusing(for gtt2).

postgres=# drop table gtt1;
ERROR:  cannot drop global temp table gtt1 when other backend attached it.

postgres=# drop table gtt2;
ERROR:  cannot drop index idx2 on global temp table gtt2 when other backend attached it.

I feel the above error message shown for "DROP TABLE gtt2;" is a bit confusing(looks similar to DROP INDEX gtt2;).
If possible, can we keep the error message simple as "ERROR:  cannot drop global temp table gtt2 when other backend attached it."?
I mean, without giving extra information for the index attached to that GTT.
Fixed the error message to make the expression more accurate. In v33.

Thanks Wenjing. We verified your latest patch(gtt_v33) focusing on all reported issues and they work fine.
Thanks.
--

With Regards,
Prabhat Kumar Sahu