Re: Logical replication CPU-bound with TRUNCATE/DROP/CREATE many tables

От Keisuke Kuroda
Тема Re: Logical replication CPU-bound with TRUNCATE/DROP/CREATE many tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Dilip, Amit,

Thank you for the patch!

I test the patch on the master HEAD(9796f455) and it works fine.
* make installcheck-world: passed
* walsender process continues to use 100% of the CPU 1core when
TRUNCATE 1000 partition: 1s or less
** before patch : 230s

There is "ReorderBufferAddInvalidation" in reorderbuffer.h, but I
don't think it's needed.

src/include/replication/reorderbuffer.h
+void ReorderBufferAddInvalidation(ReorderBuffer *, TransactionId,
XLogRecPtr lsn,
+                 int nmsgs, SharedInvalidationMessage *msgs);

If possible, I'd like to improve it even before PG13,
 but I recognize that it's difficult because it uses a PG14 or later
mechanism...

Best Regards,
--
Keisuke Kuroda