Re: [DOCS] Canonical url for latest document set?

От Conor McNally
Тема Re: [DOCS] Canonical url for latest document set?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Hi Magnus,

Agreed - maybe canonical isn't the best way to fix it.

It would be nice in general if:
- "postgres select syntax" could take you to the default current version of the documentation
- 'postrgres 9.4 select syntax" could take you to the specified alternative version

This will take an expert on SEO, but from what I see on the MySql website (which achieves the above):
- Root link into the current documentation set is much more prominent than the alternate versions
- Page title has <product - version number> as a single phrase
- There is a 302 redirect when following the unversioned link from google
- h1 and h2 tags are not used on their documentation pages

All that is just observation on my part, so I hope there is someone that can advise more conclusively.

Cheers,

Conor