Re: [GENERAL] PGPool in Master-Master mode, is it possible?

От Vikas Sharma
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PGPool in Master-Master mode, is it possible?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you Tatsuo for the Reply, I will post this in list you mentioned.

By Master-Master, I meant two pgpool servers both active accepting connections from Application, If one Pgpool Server becomes unlavailable other still accepting connections. At an Ideal time, both Pgpool instances on each PgPool server working actively.  The database in this case will be 1 master and 2 slaves, replicated by streaming replication.

Regards
VS

On 14 November 2017 at 22:56, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
> Hello There,
>
> I need to setup two PGPool Servers in Master-Master mode, First thing I
> want to know, is it possible?
>
> I know we can setup 2 PGPool servers in master-slave mode using watchdog.
> http://www.pgpool.net/pgpool-web/contrib_docs/watchdog_master_slave_3.3/en.html
>
> Could anyone please enlighten me and any workaround for this?
>
> Regards
> VS

> I need to setup two PGPool Servers in Master-Master mode, First thing I
> want to know, is it possible?
>
> I know we can setup 2 PGPool servers in master-slave mode using watchdog.
> http://www.pgpool.net/pgpool-web/contrib_docs/watchdog_master_slave_3.3/en.html
>
> Could anyone please enlighten me and any workaround for this?

This is not an appropriate list. You should go to the Pgpool mailing
list:

Anyway... I am not sure what you mean by "Master-Master mode" but if
that means you want to issue write queries by connecting to any of
Pgpool-II port, it's already possible in the set up you have created.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan