FATAL: failed to create a backend connection

От Vikas Sharma
Тема FATAL: failed to create a backend connection
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi There,

We are using Postgresql 9.3 with pgpool-II-93-3.5.10.
One Master replicating to 3 Standbys using streaming replication. Pgpool is used for load balancing only.

Lately we are seeing below on application servers.

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: failed to create a backend connection
Detail: executing failover on backend

Are we hitting the max_connections in PgSql instance or pgpool has reached to max_connections and can't spawn more

Please advise.

Regards
Vikas