Re: allow meson to find ICU in non-standard localtion

От Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Тема Re: allow meson to find ICU in non-standard localtion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Thanks for the patch.

On Wed, 22 Feb 2023 at 21:26, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure it's the right thing to do though. One downside is that it
> doesn't output the version that it finds, it only outputs "YES".

-  icu = dependency('icu-uc', required: icuopt.enabled())
-  icu_i18n = dependency('icu-i18n', required: icuopt.enabled())

I think you can do dependency checks with 'required: false' first and
if they weren't found by dependency checks; then you can do
cc.find_library() checks. This also solves only the outputting "YES"
problem if they were found by dependency checks.

Regards,
Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Microsoft