Re: Create shorthand for including all extra tests

От Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Тема Re: Create shorthand for including all extra tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback! I updated the patch, 'needs-private-lo'
option enables kerberos, ldap, load_balance and ssl extra tests now.

> On Mon, Sep 04, 2023 at 04:30:31PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Yeah, I could live with something like that from the security standpoint.
> > Not sure if it helps Nazir's use-case though.  Maybe we could invent
> > categories that can be used in place of individual test names?
> > For now,

Yes, that is not ideal for my use-case but still better.

On Tue, 5 Sept 2023 at 00:09, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:

> I could imagine categories for filesystem bytes and RAM bytes.  Also, while
> needs-private-lo has a bounded definition, "slow" doesn't.  If today's one
> "slow" test increases check-world duration by 1.1x, we may not let a
> 100x-increase test use the same keyword.

I agree. I didn't create a new category as 'slow' but still open to suggestions.

I am not very familiar with perl syntax, I would like to hear your
opinions on how the implementation of the check_extra_text_enabled()
function could be done better.

Regards,
Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Microsoft