Unrecognized exception condition "deprecated_feature"

От Kouber Saparev
Тема Unrecognized exception condition "deprecated_feature"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
For some reason using an error code of 'deprecated_feature' does not work, while its equivalent '01P01' works just fine.

kouber=# DO $$
BEGIN
 RAISE WARNING 'Deprecated'
   USING ERRCODE = 'deprecated_feature';
END;
$$;
ERROR:  unrecognized exception condition "deprecated_feature"
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function inline_code_block line 3 at RAISE

kouber=# DO $$
BEGIN
 RAISE WARNING 'Deprecated'
   USING ERRCODE = '01P01';
END;
$$;
WARNING:  Deprecated
DO

The thing that is making this issue quite strange is that I see that string well defined in the source code (and copy/pasted it from there, as well as from the docs, yet the result remains the same).

kouber@spectre:~/src/postgres$ grep -r deprecated_feature .
./src/backend/utils/errcodes.txt:01P01    W    ERRCODE_WARNING_DEPRECATED_FEATURE                             deprecated_feature

I am using PostgreSQL 10.1, I apologize in case it has already been fixed in 10.2 or 10.3.

Regards,
--
Kouber Saparev