Re: Cannot convert partitioned table to a view

От Kouber Saparev
Тема Re: Cannot convert partitioned table to a view
Дата
Список pgsql-general
No ... what has that got to do with this?  We don't particularly care
what a foreign table is referencing, as long as it acts like a table.

Thank you.

We're more likely to rip it out as no-longer-needed than to expand what it does.

Excuse me, I didn't understand what was about to be ripped out then. Is it the ability to attach ON SELECT DO INSTEAD rules over tables in general?... Currently it is possible to do it (and the tables are converted to views, which is a bit confusing and counter-intentional at least in my case - I'd like the table to stay always a table), but not possible in case the table is a partition (yet still possible if the partition is remote pointing back to the same original server for instance).

Regards,
--
Kouber Saparev

Сообщение: Re: Cannot convert partitioned table to a view
Сообщение: Re: Cannot convert partitioned table to a view