Re: postgresql server crash on windows 7 when using plpython

От c k
Тема Re: postgresql server crash on windows 7 when using plpython
Дата
Re: postgresql server crash on windows 7 when using plpython  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
No,
I have added the python directory in the PATH. Another thing is I created another language plpython2u and succeeded. Still I will try to figure out the problem.

Regards,

Chaitanya Kulkarni

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tuesday, August 23, 2011 11:10:19 pm c k wrote:
> Yes,

> ImportError: No module named site
> ImportError: No module named site
> ImportError: No module named site
>
> This last line is added every time I call any plpython function. Here is
> the simple plpython function.
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION software.pyver()
>   RETURNS text AS
> $BODY$
> import sys
> #return sys.version
> return sys.path
> $BODY$
>   LANGUAGE plpythonu VOLATILE
>   COST 100;
>
> What is the problem?

plpythonu cannot find the Python installation. site is a module imported by
default by the Python interpreter. When you removed 2.7 you probably also
removed the PATH entries for Python. So to recap, previously you where running
plpythonu compiled with 2.6 using a PATH leading to 2.7, hence the crashes. Now
you have 2.7 out of the way, but no PATH to 2.6.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com