Re: suggestion for backup (pg_dump)

От c k
Тема Re: suggestion for backup (pg_dump)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes, It is useful. But situation is different. Most of the times objects are first created, tested and only after finalization can go in the extension update file. Also it can be difficult not to get the object definitions from an extension in the backup from pg_dump. A customer could have to execute commands to create and update extensions for all versions to current. It can be very difficult.
My suggestion to provide an extra option for pg_dump to include objects of specific types only along with switch for a schema.
Thanks for help. Looking out if it is really possible to use extension for our software.

Regards,

C P Kulkarni