Re: refactoring basebackup.c

От Dipesh Pandit
Тема Re: refactoring basebackup.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I have repeated the experiment with 8K block size and found that the results are not varying much after applying the patch.
Please find the details below.

Backup type: local backup using pg_basebackup
Data size: Around 200GB (200 tables - each table around 1.05 GB)
TAR_SEND_SIZE value8kb

Server details:
RAM: 500 GB CPU details: Architecture: x86_64 CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit Byte Order: Little Endian CPU(s): 128 Filesystem: ext4

Results:

IterationWIthout refactor
patch
WIth refactor
patch
1st runreal 10m19.001s
user 1m37.895s
sys 8m33.008s
real 9m45.291s
user 1m23.192s
sys 8m14.993s
2nd runreal 9m33.970s
user 1m19.490s
sys 8m6.062s
real 9m30.560s
user 1m22.124s
sys 8m0.979s
3rd runreal 9m19.327s
user 1m21.772s
sys 7m50.613s
real 8m59.241s
user 1m19.001s
sys 7m32.645s
4th runreal 9m56.873s
user 1m22.370s
sys 8m27.054s
real 9m52.290s
user 1m22.175s
sys 8m23.052s
5th runreal 9m45.343s
user 1m23.113s
sys 8m15.418s
real 9m49.633s
user 1m23.122s
sys 8m19.240s

Later I connected with Suraj to validate the experiment details and found that the setup and steps followed are exactly the same in this
experiment when compared with the previous experiment.

Thanks,
Dipesh