Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit

От Avinash Kumar
Тема Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
It takes a few hours to learn PostgreSQL and 1 second to remember, how to quit from psql.
Surprised to see the depth of discussion on this.

It takes sometime for a person to explore or know about PostgreSQL and install it.
Likewise, it takes him some more time to understand that there exists a "psql" to connect to it.
He knows about psql because he searched it somewhere. Just a psql --help (anybody uses help), should help me know much more about psql.
I think many people doesn't find it difficult to quit using \q.

I think its good to talk about or help with more features that helps a production database.

Hope this discussion gets to a final conclusion soon :)